Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu
In response to Covid-19, we are taking measures at Jamia Zia-ul-Quran to protect ourselves and others.
When at the Masjid, all must adhere to basic recommendations of the Center of Disease Control and Protection to limit the spread of the virus. In addition, we also have a few stipulations as well.
- Wear a mask with two or more layers over your nose and mouth, secure it under your chin, and make sure it fits snugly against the sides of your face.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you. Avoid direct contact, including handshakes and hugs, with others not from their household. Do not congregate outside after the completion of salat
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Hand sanitizer will also be made available.
- Frequently touched surfaces and items are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick or have been near someone who thinks they may have or have been exposed to COVID-19. Temperatures will be taken at the door prior to entry.
- Bring your own prayer mats
- Perform wudu (ablution) from home.
Everyone must follow these guidelines
Furthmore, multiple Jummah Prayers will be hosted so that congregants may pray in smaller groups
1st Salah at 1:15 PM
2nd Salah at 1:30 PM
3rd Salah at 1:45 PM
Arrangements for Salat-ul-Taraveeh to be discussed and updated.
The safety and wellbeing of our community is in your hands. We will reevaluate the situation each week in accordance to directives and advice from official and legal channels.
We hope and pray to Allah (SWT) that this unprecedented measure is temporary and the current situation may end soon.
As of now the Masjid will remain open for all other five-time salah.
If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (516) 790-6707.
Please be safe.